A.G.E. Eye Complex
The signs of intrinsic aging, caused by internal factors such as hormonal shifts and metabolic slowdown, are most evident in the delicate eye area. A.G.E. Eye Complex is a three-dimensional treatment that contains a unique combination of ingredients to dramatically improve severe signs of intrinsic aging around the eyes.
Immediately, optical diffusers improve radiance and minimize the appearance of dark circles and capillaries. Within four to twelve weeks, a complex of flavonoids and synergistic peptides improves lymphatic drainage and eliminates accumulated hemoglobin’s colored degradation end-products to dramatically improve dark circles and puffiness. By twelve weeks and beyond, blueberry extract interrupts the formation of advanced glycation end-products (A.G.E.) and ProxylaneTM restores water and nutrient content to the dermal epidermal junction (D.E.J.) to increase skin elasticity and thickness for dramatic improvement of wrinkles and crow’s feet.
To enable eyelid mobility, connective tissue around the eye contour is very elastic and more slack than elsewhere on the body, thereby making it more fragile. As a result, the skin around this area is one of the earliest sites to exhibit signs of aging due to diminished thickness of all three skin layers – about one-third the thickness vs. other areas of the face. Because of the anatomy and physiology of the eye, unique problems arise that are not seen in other facial areas.
Dark circles start with leakage of red blood cells from the small capillaries in the eye area. As the hemoglobin in these cells degrades, its darkly pigmented end-products are visible through the comparatively thin epidermis.
Bags and Puffiness:
Over time, vessel walls become fragile and capillary permeability increases. Leaking of fluids from the vascular bed leads to edema formed by the accumulation of interstitial water. Agents which help microcirculation and increase capillary integrity are effective treatments for bags.
Glycation related wrinkles and DEJ thinning:
Glycation occurs when metabolic slowdown causes excess sugar molecules in the cells stick to collagen and elastin fibers, binding to them and causing chemical reactions called A.G.E. or Advanced Glycation End-products. Another major contributor of intrinsic skin aging is the flattening of the dermal epidermal junction (D.E.J.) responsible for the appearance and texture of skin. Both glycation and glycosaminoglycan (GAG) depletion lead to the degradation of the extra-cellular matrix and the flattening of the D.E.J., resulting in sagging, creping, and severely wrinkled skin.
The way it helps
- Immediately improve the radiance of tired, dull eyes
- Complex of Flavonoids and Synergistic Peptides
- Diminishes the appearance of dark circles
- Reinforces firmness and tone in the eye area
- Diminishes under-eye bags
- Inhibits the glycation of collagen and elastin, keeping skin supple and flexible
- Protects healthy, non-glycated collagen from breakdown
- Stimulates synthesis of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), the essential molecules responsible for holding water and nutrients in the skin
- Increases skin elasticity and thickness — as if the skin’s mattress has been re-inflated from the inside
- Stimulates collagen synthesis
- Increases bound moisture in the epidermis
Directions for Use
Mature, post-menopausal skin
Dry, dull, thinning or cracking skin
Dark circles around the eyes
Wrinkles and crow’s feet around the eyes
- Apply once or twice daily under the eyes and around the brow area
Complex of Flavonoids and Synergistic Peptides
- Hesperitin & Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone decrease capillary permeability while increasing microcirculation and vascular drainage
- Dipeptide Valyl-Tryptophane increases lymphatic circulation
- Chrysin strongly stimulates the expression of the enzyme (UGT1A1) involved in the clearance of bilirubin (end-product of hemoglobin degradation) to reduce inflammation
- Chelating agent, N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS), binds to iron making it soluble for elimination
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide and Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 synergistically stimulate the growth of connective tissues to reinforce firmness and tone
- Slows down the formation of advanced glycation end-products (A.G.E.) responsible for the rigidification of collagen and elastin fibers
- Normalizes MMP-1 production preventing degradation of healthy collagen types IV and VII (important to D.E.J. integrity)
- Exhibits a pro-matrix effect by stimulating procollagen I and III, important extra-cellular matrix components
- Stimulates synthesis of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), the essential molecules responsible for holding water and modulating the extracellular space in the dermal epidermal junction (D.E.J.), to remodel tissue structure in the D.E.J. and increase elasticity and thickness — as if the skin’s mattress has been re-inflated from the inside
In cultured fibroblasts, ProxylaneTM stimulates synthesis of collagens IV and VII, which play a crucial role in the structure of the D.E.J.
- Stimulates the synthesis of procollagen I and III by fibroblasts
- Considerably improves cohesion between the dermis and epidermis by increasing the number of anchoring filaments in the D.E.J. and rebuilding D.E.J. structure
- Increases CD44, a hyaluronic acid receptor, to increase bound moisture in the epidermis Obtained from xylose, produced from beachwood, ProxylaneTM is easily biodegradable, non bioaccumulatable, and non-eco- toxic.