General Medical Dermatology
Searles Dermatology & Aesthetics accepts new patients and welcomes professional referrals. We look forward to seeing you and promise to you that we will work diligently to address the physical as well as emotional concerns about your skin condition or disease.
With every patient we strive to listen, address questions, diagnose and treat skin conditions effectively. We want to improve your condition or disease and to help you feel more confident and comfortable in your own skin.
Adults can have a variety of skin conditions that require treatment. Searles Dermatology & Aesthetics treats everything from acne and bacterial skin infections to rare and complicated conditions like bullous pemphigoid and psoriatic arthritie.
Sometimes skin diseases develop quickly and can lead to detrimental affects for people. As a board-certified internal medicine specialist and dermatologist with additional training in acute dermatologic conditions, Dr. Searles has the skills needed to treat difficult skin diseases. He conducts rounds at all six Edmonton-regional hospitals for patients that are unable to visit the office due to their skin condition. We strive to understand how a particular skin condition affects each adult dermatology patient as an individual. This helps us assess the situation, provide the appropriate treatment and ideally help patients reach better quality of life after working with us.
Searles Dermatology & Aesthetics treat the following adult dermatology conditions:
- Arthropod diseases
- Autoimmune connective tissue disorders (lupus, dermatomyositis and scleroderma)
- Bacterial infections/diseases (impetigo, cellulitis, furuncles)
- Blistering diseases
- Cutaneous lymphoma (cutaneous B and T-cell lymphoma)
- Drug eruptions
- Fungal infections/diseases (nails, scalp, feet, body)
- Immunobullous disorders (bullous pemphigoid, pemphigus vulgaris, pemphigus foliaceous)
- Infections - scabies, lice
- Insect Bites
- Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Physical and environmental dermatoses
- Pregnancy-related dermatoses
- Skin cancer
- Travelers' dermatoses
- Tumors and malignancies
- Vascular diseases
- Viral infections/diseases
- Warts, Corns, Calluses
- Narrow-band UVB Phototherapy
If you have a skin condition that is not listed here, we may be able to help.
Please give us a call or contact us to set up an appointment for evaluation.